[Engine-devel] Backing up the DB

Laszlo Hornyak lhornyak at redhat.com
Mon Apr 2 13:37:12 UTC 2012

Hi Adam,

----- Original Message -----

Not really documented, but at least I do this frequently
You have to expect some problems as the hosts still have the old state, so I would recommend to
- disable both ssl and host install http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/OVirt_-_disable_SSL_in_VDSM
- you may also need to restart your hosts to flush the state (mounts, VM's, etc) the engine pushed it to after db restore
And then you can just use the usual postgresql utilities.