[Engine-devel] VDSM REST API

Michael Pasternak mpastern at redhat.com
Fri Apr 6 09:17:58 UTC 2012

Hey Adam,

to make it work you need two things:

1. xsd schema
2. RSDL

then you will be able to generate SDK which is the key
to shell.

1. xsd schema, basically this is a /standard/ for
restful application to have it, so consuming application
will be able to generate bindings to your api in different
languages, in ovirt-sdk i'm using generateDS to generate python
bindings from our schema,

of course since your api written in python, you can bypass
this, but i still strongly recommend you exposing xsd schema,
and as about format - nothing special. just should compile with lxml

2. RSDL - i'm in a middle of writing spec for it, but in general
you can see RSDL structure in our xsd schema and can easlly figure out
how to use it (let me know if you have questions)

once you have these two, you can generate SDK, see src/codegen/README
in sdk repo, and after you'll have sdk, all is left is to point it from
cli, and as you mentioned cli will dynamically discover it at runtime.

--

Michael Pasternak
RedHat, ENG-Virtualization R&D