[Engine-devel] Domain rescan action question

Shu Ming shuming at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Aug 2 01:44:56 UTC 2012

No comments below.  I am just curious how you can have disk created
outside of the oVirt environment if the storage domain is mounted on
oVirt engine.  Does your application try to communicate with VDSM though
SPM host to do that?  Are the two applications(oVirt engine and your
application) coexisting and  manipulating the storage domain at the same
time or one application is quiet when the other one is functioning?
IMHO,  modifying the storage domain meta data from two application are
dangerous and I suppose your application should know the reason and what
these disks are for.   So telling oVirt to import the disks
automatically should be reasonable because you know what these disks are
for and it is unnecessary for the oVirt administrator to select which
one to import.

On 2012-8-2 1:36, Hopper, Ricky wrote:

> On 8/1/12 10:05 AM, "Dan Yasny" <dyasny at redhat.com> wrote:

Shu Ming <shuming at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
IBM China Systems and Technology Laboratory