[Engine-devel] UI Plugins configuration

Costea, George George.Costea at netapp.com
Thu Aug 23 13:09:05 UTC 2012

Thanks Chris and Vojtech for continuing this discussion.  I think I’m missing the link between providing the plugin definition file and defining the plugins.  If I want to add 3 main tabs and 6 context menus, do I provide 9 plugin definitions?  Or do I provide 1 plugin definition with multiple “urls” where each one points to a distinct path?

If “url” is configured to point to an external application server hosting my plugin, what is the intent of “path”?  For example, if I configure “url” to point to “https://10.10.10.10/myplugin/entrypoint.html” then presumably the application server will render the page it needs as a main tab or context menu.  It would have no need for “path” since all dependencies would be resolved by the application server.

George