[Engine-devel] Gluster IPTable configuration

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Thu Aug 30 18:35:16 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

Hello all,

The mentioned patch[1], adds hard coded gluster code into the bootstrap code, manipulate the firewall configuration to be gluster specific. It hardcoded search for "reject", insert before some other rules.

I believe this hardcode approach is obsolete now that we have proper tools for templates.

A more robust solution would be defining generic profiles, each profile as a template, each template can refer to different profiles, and assign profile to a node.

This way the implementation is not gluster [or any] specific and can be reused for more setups, code is cleaner.

Example:

BASIC.PRE
    :INPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
    :FORWARD ACCEPT [0:0]