[Engine-devel] [ovirt-engine-sdk] some questions about the params.py code generated by generateSD

ShaoHe Feng shaohef at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jun 7 15:14:00 UTC 2012

Hi all,

as we all know the current params.py was not completely by the
generateSD.py, there are parts that have to be updated manually.

now I have post a primarypatch to improve it.
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/4880/

it can generate some codes, but still two parts codes can not be generated.

they aretwo dictionaries: _rootClassMap and _elementToClassMap.

However, for I do get any clue to know these two dictionaries  from the
params.py.

there are some questions:
1.
And the __all__ list  which include all the classes of _rootClassMap and
_elementToClassMap.
And there some classes  both in _rootClassMap and _elementToClassMap.

2.
And  some of class in _rootClassMap inherit GeneratedsSuper class, some
inherit BaseResource class, and two classes inherit Link class.
And it is the same with _elementToClassMap.

so what is the difference between _rootClassMap and _elementToClassMap.
What rule to generate these two dictionaries.

3.
And also, how to generate the keys in _rootClassMap and
_elementToClassMap.Any rule to generate them?

there are some items in these two dictionaries

                       "access_control_list"           :
AccessControlList,   #  "_" among the word in key
                       "api"                                    : API,
                       "body"                                 : Body,
                        "iscsi"                                 :
IscsiDetails,             # key "iscsi" is one part of value "IscsiDetails"
                       "storage_domain"                : StorageDomain,
                       "topology"                           : CpuTopology,
                       "creation_status"                  : Status, #
key has a more word  "creation"  than the value.
                       "parent"                                : TagParent