[Engine-devel] Do we need genericApi project?

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavs at redhat.com
Sun Jun 10 08:49:51 UTC 2012

On 06/10/2012 11:23 AM, Michael Kublin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found that we have a ovirt-engine/frontend/api/genericapi project, which is for my opinion is not at use any more.
> If there are any reason that we want to keep it , maybe someone using it and I missed these?

IIUC, this was served in order to create a SOAP web service to server
our clients.
I also don't see a reason why we should continue and use this - All GWT
based code does not use this (it uses GenericApiGWTServiceImpl to
communicate with engine, which injects the EJB bean of Backend).
This class as an obselete field of genericAPIService, which is no longer
being injected (so a fix should be done at GWT side as well).

Yair