[Engine-devel] RESTAPI: what is the purpose for /api/disks collection

Omer Frenkel ofrenkel at redhat.com
Sun Jun 10 14:11:15 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

I'm pretty sure there is search for disks, or i misunderstood you,
but you can run search query to get disks by alias and so.

> in my view it not really useful, till we add search capabilities
> for being able:
>
> 1. locate <shareable>true</shareable> disks

this is available.

> 2. distinguish between <shareable>true|false</shareable> and
> <active>true|false</active>
>    disks
> 3. maybe even worth taking
>    out of this collection and place them under api/clusters/xxx/disks
>    (or under DC).
>    this way /api/disks will only have disks that can be shared.
>
> your thoughts?

active is not a property of a disk, but a vm-disk, as unattached floating disks has no meaning of active.
so maybe its place is unders /api/vms/xxx/disks (IIRC its already there)