[Engine-devel] Forking unit tests

Allon Mureinik amureini at redhat.com
Wed Jun 13 09:08:17 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

If you're using settings.xml as published in Building the oVirt Engine page, you'd see we're forking for every test, in every subproject.
This behaviour was introduced to handle memory leaks in PowerMock we use in some subprojects, but is redundant in others.

Over the past month or so I've been working on removing PowerMock from as many places as possible (many thanks to mkolesni and lhornyak!), and we've got to the stage that forking is only needed in to subprojects - bll and resttypes.
The forking was defined explicitly in those two projects, so if you want to speed up your tests, just take the latest version of settings.xml from http://ovirt.org/wiki/Building_oVirt_engine#Maven_personal_settings.

-Allon