[Engine-devel] GWT 2.4.0 and the oVirt Engine

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Tue Jun 19 16:25:57 UTC 2012

Hi Itamar,

>> 3. follow GWTP 0.7 migration steps
>> <http://code.google.com/p/gwt-platform/wiki/PortingV1#V0.7>, which will
>> most likely involve UI code changes
>
> can these be backward compatible with gwt 2.3?

In short, yes.

Technically, GWTP 0.7 should work with GWT 2.3 - GWTP migration wiki doesn't mention this explicitly.
Practically, GWTP 0.7 is built against GWT 2.4 - see "gwt.version" definition in [http://code.google.com/p/gwt-platform/source/browse/pom.xml?name=gwtp-0.7]

>> 5. adjust UI code regarding GWT Editor framework, which is now capable
>> of handling primitive boolean is/has getter methods
>> <http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=6040>
>
> is this 2.3 compatible?
> is it a must step or optional?

Step 5 is not compatible with GWT 2.3. It represents a bugfix that is shipped in GWT 2.4.
Steps 4 and 5 are optional (cleanup-like), but should be done in long-term.

> 6. test thoroughly webadmin and user portal behave correctly...

Fully agreed.

Vojtech