[Engine-devel] oVirt UI Plugins feature: Ready for review

Costea, George George.Costea at netapp.com
Mon Jun 25 13:09:43 UTC 2012

Hi Vojtech,

I have a few questions on this feature.

1) Are the plugins hosted by the same jboss server that hosts the engine?  It would appear the answer is yes and that no separate container is required for the plugins.
2) Does each plugin map to a unique extension within WebAdmin?  Your example shows that I can extend the VM table to have a "Show VM name and edit VM" context-sensitive extension.  This is named pluginApi.plugins.myPlugin.  Can I safely assume that this is per extension?  I would have pluginApi.plugins.myPlugin2 for extending a storage domain?
3) Instead of launching a jQuery dialog, can I point to a compiled GWT html file to display a dialog that fits my needs?
4) Is session info passed into the plugin so that I can invoke APIs into the engine?  To power on a VM for instance?  Or to mount a new NFS storage domain?

BTW, the link to the original design notes on the wiki doesn't work.

Thanks,
George