[Engine-devel] Shared Raw Disk - Design change

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Tue Mar 13 14:47:31 UTC 2012

On 03/12/2012 11:01 AM, Maor Lipchuk wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> The shared raw disk feature description has been changed.
> The changes can be found in the following wiki:
> links:
> 	http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Features/SharedRawDisk
 > 	http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Features/DetailedSharedRawDisk

1. affected components - isn't vdsm aware of this as well wrt disk lock
protection (appears in both urls)

2. Remove Shared Disk
maybe make it clear this is about delete, not detach from this vm?
my view - UI should have a clear warning (with checkbox approval) making
it clear delete will remove the shared disk from all VMs sharing it.

3. Copy Shared Disk
this is "clone disk"? do we have it for non shared disks?

4. Export/Import
the text is copy/paste from template part - should be fixed to say
export in several places.

5. move disk
s/inactivatee/inactive/

Thanks,