[Engine-devel] Disk Permissions Feature

Moti Asayag masayag at redhat.com
Mon Mar 19 17:03:36 UTC 2012

On 03/15/2012 05:46 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:

>> this might be confusing to the user as he can disable the quota,
>> then stuff would stop working.
>>

> we can't require both quota and permissions from user on storage domains
> - that's cumbersome.
> question is if we can limit the need for permissions to disks only to
> places where they are needed (shared, direct, floating)?

Wiki is updated with a proposal for this issue. In a nutshell, adding
'automatic' permissions on the Storage Domain (or to Storage Pool for
Global quota) to relevant users when performing Quota specific actions
so they be used regardless quota concern (e.g. when Quota is disabled
for DC):

http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Features/DiskPermissions#Design