[Engine-devel] 'Import VM/Template More Than Once' feature

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Wed Mar 28 19:58:57 UTC 2012

On 02/21/2012 05:11 PM, Gilad Chaplik wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> The 'Import VM/Template More Than Once' feature description can be found under the following link:
>
> http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Features/ImportMoreThanOnce
>
> Please review, and feel free to share your comments and thoughts.

1. "    Add 'Already Exists in Setup' column to import entity dialog:
       Run multiple queries for get_entity_by_id to check whether the
imported entities exist in the setup. "

what if there are 1000 VMs to import?

2. "Add 'clone only existing entities' check box to Import Entity Dialog: "

I'd keep simple for first round to get feedback from users and assume
users want to either clone or not during import, rather than mixed
(i.e., i'd drop this option to clone some of the imported images - i
think it is confusing)

which means maybe user should choose between importing already existing
images or new ones.

for existing ones, user should choose if to clone or overwrite.