[Engine-devel] 'Import VM/Template More Than Once' feature

Livnat Peer lpeer at redhat.com
Thu Mar 29 08:56:17 UTC 2012

On 21/02/12 17:11, Gilad Chaplik wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> The 'Import VM/Template More Than Once' feature description can be found under the following link:
>
> http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Features/ImportMoreThanOnce
>
> Please review, and feel free to share your comments and thoughts.
>
> Thanks,
> Gilad.

I am missing the most obvious limitation of this feature in the summary
of the feature.

This feature is limited to mode of collapsing the imported VM images
AFAIR, if you import a VM based on a template, for each import, a
collapsed image is created in the setup (It is like importing the
template with each VM you have based on this template).

I think this limitation makes the feature unworthy, we should be able to
support changing the ID's and importing only the needed storage layer.

Livnat