[Engine-devel] 'Import VM/Template More Than Once' feature

Gilad Chaplik gchaplik at redhat.com
Thu Mar 29 19:14:38 UTC 2012

see inline

Thanks,
Gilad.

----- Original Message -----

My mistake, meant it to be run search query on VMs with concating 'OR' between all vms ids (if search by vm ids is not supported I will add it).
but if you prefer it I can remove the column.

> 2. "Add 'clone only existing entities' check box to Import Entity
> Dialog: "
>
> I'd keep simple for first round to get feedback from users and assume
> users want to either clone or not during import, rather than mixed
> (i.e., i'd drop this option to clone some of the imported images - i
> think it is confusing)
>
> which means maybe user should choose between importing already
> existing
> images or new ones.
>
> for existing ones, user should choose if to clone or overwrite.

Not sure what is override? delete the VM that is currently in setup and then import?
Anyhow, I think it's quite important, especially if we remove the 'exist in setup' column, we want the user to avoid getting can-do-action.
I agree that it is slightly confusing, I can rerun it through Eldan again, even though it's his design.