[Engine-devel] Building oVirt from source

Juan Hernandez jhernand at redhat.com
Wed Nov 14 11:17:32 UTC 2012

On 11/14/2012 12:09 PM, Stephen Liu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> $ sudo find / -name .m2
> find: `/run/user/satimis/gvfs': Permission denied
> /home/satimis/.m2
>
> $ sudo ls -ald /home/satimis/.m2
> drwxrwxr-x. 3 satimis satimis 4096 Nov 14 14:12 /home/satimis/.m2
>

> $ cat $HOME/.m2/settings.xml
> <settings xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"
> <http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0%22>;
>           xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance%22>;
>           xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0
> http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd"
> <http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd%22>;>
>
> <!--**************************** PROFILES ****************************-->
>
>         <activeProfiles>
>                         <activeProfile>oVirtEnvSettings</activeProfile>
>         </activeProfiles>
>
>         <profiles>
>             <profile>
>                 <id>oVirtEnvSettings</id>
>                     <properties>
>                         <jbossHome>/usr/share/jboss-as</jbossHome>
>
> <JAVA_HOME>/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0.x86_64/bin/java</JAVA_HOME>
>                     </properties>
>             </profile>
>          </profiles>
> </settings>

This ^ (/home/satimis/.m2/settings.xml) is the file that you need to
change, and you need to change the "jbossHome" property so that it
contains the directory where you actually have the application server
installed.

Please remove or fix the JAVA_HOME property as well, as it is not needed
and pointing a location that doesn't exist in Fedora 17.

> This file is on /home/satimis/.m2/
>
> $ locate settings.xml
> /home/satimis/.m2/settings.xml
> /usr/share/maven/conf/settings.xml
> /usr/share/mime/application/x-cisco-vpn-settings.xml
>
> There are 2 settings.xml files
>
> I attend the later file on /usr/share/maven/conf/settings.xml to this email
>
> B.R.
> Stephen L

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain