[Engine-devel] Building oVirt from source

Juan Hernandez jhernand at redhat.com
Wed Nov 14 10:23:18 UTC 2012

On 11/14/2012 11:10 AM, Stephen Liu wrote:

> Hi Juan,
>
> I have sent another email to the list under the subject: "Deploy error
> again".  But it never came to the list.  Is the server in problem?
>
> Subject : Deploy error again

I think you are having problems with the permissions in the
/usr/share/jboss-as directory. Make sure that you have the following
content in your $HOME/.m2/settings.xml file:

<settings
  xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd">

  <activeProfiles>
    <activeProfile>oVirtEnvSettings</activeProfile>
  </activeProfiles>

  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <id>oVirtEnvSettings</id>
      <properties>
        <jbossHome>/home/satimis/jboss-as</jbossHome>
      </properties>
    </profile>
  </profiles>

</settings>

Pay special attention to the "jbossHome" property, it should be the
directory where you have the application server installed, and you need
to have permissions to write to it. Currently you are using
/usr/share/jboss-as, and I guess you don't have permissions to write
there. Install the application server to /home/staimis/jboss-as and use
that instead.

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain