[Engine-devel] SPICE IP override

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 08:42:19 UTC 2012

On 11/15/2012 10:33 AM, Simon Grinberg wrote:

> [...]

Read my email: "And of course, Spice protocol changes"

> I don't completely understand how you can avoid executing the PAC file if the destination host is provided by Qemu (client_migrate_info) unless I'm confusing with something else and it is the web client that delivers this info on migration.

I'm not against executing the PAC. It just requires a javascript engine,
which is a bit of an overkill for Spice client to start working with, no?
I'm aware there is a critical gap with the Spice protocol, but all I'm
saying is that any other idea you'll come up with to get the topology
right is going to be a rewrite of the PAC idea. You will need to define
the topology, and you'll need to lookup your current location against
it. This is what PAC does.

A Spice proxy would probably be able to solve the Spice protocol issue,
as we expect the proxy to handle the host hand-over when migration
happens, I reckon.

> P.S.,
> If it is Qemu, then I don't see the current feature page accounting for that - IE, the hosts should also be informed on this override IP

Why? A host is rarely aware it is behind NAT. If it's because of the
protocol issue, the protocol has to be changed.
Y.