[Engine-devel] [Engine-Devel] OvfDataUpdater

Liron Aravot laravot at redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 12:52:56 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

the version will be the db_generation that was loaded when we loaded the vm/template.
for example - if the vm/template was updated twice between OvfUpdater runs, we will need to increment twice - so incrementing by one will cause another unneeded ovf update for that vm.
> > 2. Now the quartz is automatic process, updateVmInSpm it is spm
> > operation -it means it can trigger a reconstruct
> > and spm election.
2. updateVmInSpm command would be changed so it won't trigger failover, will add that to the wiki.
> > 3. How your solution is handling a case of
> > hotPlug/hotUnplug/remove/add of vm disks. vm_static is not usually
> > updated.
Whenever will be a command that locks a vm/template, you will have an option during the unlock to specify if the version need to be incremented, you'll be able to increment it also yourself.
The HotUnPlug command does lock the vm and during endSuccesfully attempt to update the vm in spm, so it will increment the db_version/generation instead.

> Also consider snapshots & vNICs which affect the VM state.
Whatever affect the vm state and triggers updateVmInSpm today will continue to, it can be added to flows which don't do that today.

> > 4. Reconstruct/Recovery - updateVmInSpm should be called on all
> > vms,
> > no matter if they were updated.

Ofcourse, it's being taken care of.