[Engine-devel] [Engine-Devel] OvfDataUpdater

Liron Aravot laravot at redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 18:39:06 UTC 2012

Sorry, part of my response was cutted by mistake, adding it
As of today - there is a race.
After adding ovfautoupdater , you won't update the ovf for vm which is locked or has a locked disk (written in the wiki).
ovfautoupdater won't introduce nor keep that race as we should have
 db exclusive row lock when we perform this update so even if we had context switch and we later returned to the update process, we will run the update again as we don't send the db_generation value from the engine, but only incrementing in the db. correct
me if i'm wrong.