[Engine-devel] Design review summary for 3.2 - adding support for External Events

Morrissey, Christopher Christopher.Morrissey at netapp.com
Tue Nov 20 14:07:58 UTC 2012

-Chris

That's what I figured. :)

> so, I don;t
> > think this is possible
> > But still, a super-user can of course give the permission to add new
> > events to all Roles in the system and you will have the same result.
> > Does that make sense ?

That does make sense. We'll likely just try to use the API to log events when starting a task and if we receive an error we can bubble that up to the user letting them know that they need to either get the right permission or accept that they won't get messages in the oVirt log while the task completes.