[Engine-devel] Registering an existing disk or VM through the REST API

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 19:14:23 UTC 2012

On 11/20/2012 09:09 PM, Morrissey, Christopher wrote:

> [...]

Engine communicates with VDSM today via XML-RPC.
there was work to move VDSM to a newer API, based on REST.
this was abandoned, and focus is moving to JSON messages based API instead.
(you'd be using this api when your engine side patch will be calling the
VDSM method for domain scan, but the xml-rpc part of it is probably
abstracted in the engine from you).

in any case, this is *all* engine-vdsm side, and unrelated to the Engine
REST API, which there are no plans to deprecate.