[Engine-devel] Trusted Compute Pools

Wei, Gang gang.wei at intel.com
Wed Nov 21 03:24:58 UTC 2012

Great to see interests.

Laszlo Hornyak wrote on 2012-11-21:
> Hi,
>
> Interesting technology. Some questions:
> - There will be 1 and only one attestation server installed per ovirt
> instance or
> per trusted pool?

By far, I expect 1 and only one attestation server installed per ovirt
instance. Maybe different ovirt instances can also shall attestation server,
if all hosts under differenct ovirt instances are accessible by the
attestation server and are able to access the attestation server.

> - Could engine cache the data it received from the attestation server, or
> does it
> have to query each time a trusted VM needs to be started?

The basic case is query each time a trusted VM needs to be started, the
advance case is engine cache the data with some practical cache invalidation
timing/policy.

The cache feature might also be able to be implemented inside the attestation
server.

Thanks
Jimmy