[Engine-devel] Report vNic Implementation Details

Livnat Peer lpeer at redhat.com
Thu Nov 22 07:48:19 UTC 2012

On 21/11/12 22:53, Andrew Cathrow wrote:

> [...]

About the MAC address - the engine uses the MAC address to correlate
between the guest-agent report and the VNICs defined in the engine. If
the GA reports a MAC that the engine does not recognize the engine can
not associate it with a VNIC.
What the engine can do is to issue a warning to the audit log in case
such a mismatch is recognized, Is that good enough?

About MTU - It is not being reported by the guest agent ATM (while IPv4
IPv6 and MAC are), If we'd like to have it I can open RFE for the GA to
report additional fields.

Livnat