[Engine-devel] maven settings.xml in building ovirt engine wiki

Allon Mureinik amureini at redhat.com
Tue Nov 27 15:32:35 UTC 2012

Form my understanding, the issue was not maintaining multiple settings.xml file, it was the fact that oVirt's wiki suggests a settings.xml file with /a hard coded path/, which many potential community members will not have, simply because they installed Java and/or JBoss in a different location.

Since in order to run JBoss properly you should already have $JBOSS_HOME and $JAVA_HOME defined, the suggestion here was to reuse those values in settings.xml too.