[Engine-devel] Frontend questions.

snmishra at linux.vnet.ibm.com snmishra at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Sep 19 15:51:57 UTC 2012

Hi,

     I am looking at adding support for novnc in ovirt. I have not
worked on the frontend and thought of asking some questions to the
list to save time.

     Currently, when a user selects to open console on a VM with VNC.
They get a popup window with IP, port and password for VNC session. I
plan to take this info to host and run the command -

   novnc_server --vnc IP:(port-5900)

This command returns a URL, use this url to open a new browser window
which will be a vnc session to the VM.

    My questions are -

1. How to run the novnc-server command on the host?

2. How to open a new URL for VNC session?

Thanks
Sharad Mishra