[Engine-devel] Splitting out the oVirt engine installer

Derek Higgins derekh at redhat.com
Sun Sep 23 21:36:48 UTC 2012

Hi All,
    First time poster here so let me know if this is better directed
some where else

    I have been writing a installer for openstack and as a base for this
I've split out the generic parts of your engine-setup utility[1].
In order to do this I've created a generic installer[2] that is
basically all of the parts of the oVirt engine installer that I needed
for my openstack installer[3]

I'd now like to see if there is interest here to use this generic
installer for oVirt.

I may have stripped out some stuff from the installer that I should have
left in, if that is the case I'm open to recreating this repository with
anything generic I shouldn't have stripped out so that the original
history is maintained. Would anybody here like to look into the work
necessary to use this installer in oVirt? For openstack I've made
exclusive use of the plugin functionality and I suspect most changes
that would be needed for oVirt would be to move a lot of the code into a
similar pattern.

If you have any questions/comments just let me know, hopefully you will
find this useful and other projects could make use of the great work you
have done developing this setup utility

Thanks,
Derek.

[1]