[Engine-devel] FeatureSupported and compatibility versions

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Thu Apr 4 06:46:18 UTC 2013

The idea should be to make sure that maintaining the feature supported
matrix is not a nightmare. If we need to go and replicate entries in
0000_config.sql file for each new version, then this is an issue. And I
think we are all in agreement that this is not the way to go.

Either we go with
[1].  default value in ConfigValues, and only changed value in db script
like in patch set 5 (http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/12970/5)

If this mechanism is broken, do you know where/what is broken?

or  [2] . with the new approach where a Feature supported changes to
true/false **from** a particular version.
(I think, for gluster features, the Feature From works for us as we do
not see it changing from version to version once supported. )

But if there's a way to fix 1, let's do that to get this moving.
Mike, could you elaborate on what needs to be fixed in [1] ?