[Engine-devel] [vdsm] ovirt-host-deploy and multible bridges

Balamurugan Arumugam barumuga at redhat.com
Tue Apr 9 13:58:17 UTC 2013

On 04/09/2013 06:37 PM, Sahina Bose wrote:
> Decoding "correct address"  - glusterHostsList should return any
> ipAddress that engine knows as being associated with host.
> It could be either ipAddress used while adding host (stored as hostname
> in vds_static) or any of the ipAddresses populated in vds_interface
> table (addr column) .
> I do not have enough knowledge about this bit of code to say what
> entries are made in vds_interface table. I know there's an entry for
> ovirtmgmt here but not sure if this gets added as part of addHost flow
> or not.

I guess, vds_interface table is populated by ips given by vdsm through
getVdsCaps.

Current glusterHostsList provides one of ipaddress of the local host
(other than 127.*.*.*).   If virbr0 is enabled, it picks up
192.168.122.1 ip address of the bridge and sends to the engine, but this
entry is missing in the table.

The requirement is that we need a ip of the local host which is also
stored in the database.

The database has entries of ips of a host those are from physical nics
and/or bridges who has slaves to nics.

Regards,
Bala