[Engine-devel] [vdsm] Snapshots with RAM feature

Michal Skrivanek mskrivan at redhat.com
Wed Apr 10 06:12:20 UTC 2013

On 9 Apr 2013, at 10:01, Arik Hadas <ahadas at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> The proposed feature will make it possible to run a VM which was reverted to live snapshot
> or created from live snapshot with the same memory state as it was at the moment the live
> snapshot was taken.
>
> http://www.ovirt.org/Features/RAM_Snapshots
>
> All feedback is welcome!
Nice!
Perhaps on "Run VM" - how about instead of giving an option on start we'd have the possibility to strip the saved ram in snapshot beforehand? And keep the run logic as always start with ram when it exists.
Also it is important to discard the ram on all forms of Run VM. Better discard it on error than mistakenly rerun with ram twice