[Engine-devel] Added support for POSIX and GNU long parameters to engine-manage-domains

Martin Perina mperina at redhat.com
Wed Apr 10 08:31:08 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've created a patch that adds support for POSIX and GNU long paramaters.
Patch is using argparse4j library (argparse4j.sourceforge.net), which suites
our needs in my opinion better than other libraries I've tested (JCommander,
commons-cli, args4j).

Patch includes these changes:

1) "-action" parameter has been removed, each action is specified
   directly, for example "engine-manage-domains list"
2) "-interactive" parameter has been removed, if "--passwordFile"
   parameter is not specified, then the password will be read
   interactively
3) "-addPermissions" parameter has been rename to "--superuser" with
   "-s" short version
4) Each parameter has POSIX variant ("-p PROVIDER") and corresponding
   GNU long variant ("--provider=PROVIDER")
5) Commands and parameters names can be abbreviated as long as
   the abbreviation is unambiguous (for example "list" command can be
   specified like "engine-manage-domains l")

So for example command to create a domain now may look like this:

engine-manage-domains add -d xyz.com -p IPA -u admin
engine-manage-domains add --domain=xyz.com --provider=IPA --user=admin
engine-manage-domains a -d xyz.com -p ipa --user=admin

All variants do the same.

If you're interested, please review the patch:

http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/13776/

Regards

Martin Perina