[Engine-devel] minutes for sync up on Open Attestation integration with oVirt in 4/9

Chen, Wei D wei.d.chen at intel.com
Thu Apr 18 06:19:03 UTC 2013

I think it's more sensible, the initial status should be the real status for this host (trusted / untrusted) only the untrusted host will be set to non-operational.
we just need poll this host instead of all of the hosts in the cluster if this can be done in "InitVdsOnUpCommand", and we suppose this is the first time when this host add into the cluster.
Follow these steps (conclusion based on your suggestion).

-	The first time when one host is added into a trust cluster then poll this host, the host will be in "up" status if get "trusted" result from attestation server, or else, set this host as non-operational status.
-	The periodic check will poll all of the hosts only once as this will cut down a lot of time needed instead of poll each host one by one, this conclusion is based on our experiments because most of time consumed is in parallel.
-	When host is down for a different reason and up again, we suppose "InitVdsOnUpCommand" will be triggered again (right?), so we will poll this host again to get the real status(trusted / untrusted). Then mark the host as up or non-operational.

As a trusted host flip to untrusted and take effective only under the condition of this host has been hacked and rebooted, so we proposal no need to add periodic check if any host's reboot will invoke "InitVdsOnUpCommand" and we add attestation logic in "InitVdsOnUpCommand" is enough.

My proposal would be like this (no periodic check is needed, will simply our integration)

-	The first time when one host is added into a trust cluster then poll this host, the host will be in "up" status if get "trusted" result from attestation server, or else, set this host as non-operational status.
-	The periodic check will poll all of the hosts only once as this will cut down a lot of time needed instead of poll each host one by one, this conclusion is based on our experiments because most of time consumed is in parallel.
-	(up -> nonoperationl / trusted -> untrusted)When host is down for a different reason and up again, we suppose "InitVdsOnUpCommand" will be triggered again (right?) and we also suppose the host will be non-operational if host is down for some reason (right), so we will poll this host again to get the real status(trusted / untrusted) after host's rebooting.
-	(nonoperationl -> up / untrusted -> trusted) Admin will activate this host manually after admin fix the issue of this host. Attestation logic will be added into "VdsManager:activate ()" as the clue you give me before.

Any suggestion?

Best Regards,
Dave Chen