[Engine-devel] Packaging and locales

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Sat Apr 20 07:44:15 UTC 2013

Hello,

>From recent thread I learned that we package locales within our main package, message bundles are going into jars, and by default we do not build them all.

As this is GWT specific as far as I see in build, I have no real visibility of what happening.

However, I do expect locales to be packaged and installed as separate packages, side by side with main package.

Something like:
# yum install ovirt-engine - provides en_US
# yum install ovirt-engine-locale-zh_CN - will add zh_CN support.

This ease maintenance, as these translations can be maintain using their own release cycle and even out of main tree.

Any thoughts?
Alon