[Engine-devel] Design wiki page for trusted compute pools integration with oVirt has been updated

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Sun Apr 28 13:24:06 UTC 2013

Hi Jimmy,
When the engine starts, it will start 'learning' the current state
of known hosts. So if we want to secure all hosts in 'up' state,
you will need to change it to 'unassigned' only if cluster.trusted == true in-
org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.ResourceManager.AddVds(VDS, boolean)

This means the host will be picked up by:
org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.VirtMonitoringStrategy.isMonitoringNeeded(VDS)

and the attestation query should get the results and update the trust level and
accordingly the vds status.

Note that we assume that trust level takes precedence on other functionalities,
as this flow will cause storage connections to reinitialize as well. Basically
it means that booting will take longer, but this is the price of security.