[Engine-devel] Setting cluster CPU

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Tue Dec 10 07:12:14 UTC 2013

Il 09/12/2013 19:37, Michal Skrivanek ha scritto:

>> On 09 Dec 2013, at 18:58, Oved Ourfalli <ovedo at redhat.com> wrote:

Well, here the issue is that while deploying hosted-engine VM, I'm on a SandyBridge host, with 1 VM running on it (the hosted engine VM).
That VM has been created with CPU model Westmere to be able to migrate it to other hosts Westmere compatible.
But the Default cluster is automatically set to SandyBridge when I add the host also if I specify Westmere as CPU family in Host parameter.
We may be able to set manually the CPU level later somehow, but since we've already asked the user about the CPU level I think we should avoid to ask
the user to change it again later. See Bug 1034821 - Hosted-setup asks for CPU type but it doesn't set cluster to that CPU Level