[Engine-devel] developmen environment: logs

Einav Cohen ecohen at redhat.com
Fri Dec 13 17:56:26 UTC 2013

[working on development environment]

(1) I tried following instructions in [1] in order to have my engine.log
log messages from the bll module in DEBUG level.

After adding section [2] to the relevant file, I got an error message [3]
(probably since a logger for category "org.ovirt.engine.core.bll" already
exists in the file).

I removed that new section, and changed the relevant string within the
already-existing <logger category="org.ovirt.engine.core.bll"> from "INFO"
to "DEBUG"; however, log for bll messages kept being logged only in the
"INFO" level.

[I restarted ovirt-engine.py after every change]

Any ideas?

(2) Does anyone know why queries invocation isn't being logged into the
engine.log [maybe they are being logged in DEBUG level and due to (1) I
cannot see them]? it seems that only action invocations are being logged.

Many thanks in advance.

----
Regards,
Einav

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_Engine_Development_Environment#Enable_DEBUG_log

[2]
---
<logger category="org.ovirt.engine.core.bll">
   <level name="DEBUG"/>
</logger>
---

[3] [ovirt-engine-devel-env]$ ./ovirt-engine.py start
Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8787
ovirt-engine[13794] ERROR run:485 Error: process terminated with status code 1
[ovirt-engine-devel-env]$