[Engine-devel] Guid & NGuid

Michael Kublin mkublin at redhat.com
Mon Feb 4 07:47:29 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Actually there is exists one reason not to use directly UUID at server side.
The main operations on Guid today it is to convert object to Guid or Guid to string.
Guid it is immutable object, number of Guids is limited and almost never changed,
These sound like classical case for object that can be cached.
Benefit - reduced number of string manipulations, reduced number of created instances, less work
for garbage collection