[Engine-devel] NPE during addStorageServer command

Deepak C Shetty deepakcs at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Feb 6 11:12:46 UTC 2013

Hi All,
    I am trying to compile ovirt engine after applying sharad's
glusterfs domain support patches @
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/q/project:ovirt-engine+branch:master+topic:glusterfs,n,z

After compiling, deploying the engine ( by following the steps in
wiki.ovirt.org/Building_Ovirt_Engine )
I connect to the weadmin GUI, add a VDSM host ( this is my own vdsm host
with VDSM glsuter domain support ) and the host is "Up" state.

Then I select New SD->None in DC -> select my vdsm host->provide the
args (remote path = volfileserver:volume, vfstype=glusterfs, mount =>
left blank) and click on OK

I see NPE in the engine side during addStorageServer cmd ( IIUC ) and
then engine tries to send disconnectStorageServer, which reaches my VDSM
host and it throws a excp, since the domain is not mounted at all.

I have captured the logs on the engien and vdsm side and attached here.

I am looking for some help on why the NPE is being seen on the engien
side during adding a new SD ?

thanx,
deepak