[Engine-devel] Instance Types Feature

Oved Ourfalli ovedo at redhat.com
Thu Feb 7 09:27:33 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Wouldn't we want the instance types to be public, limiting the user on resources according to his Quota?
What worries me is that you currently need VmCreator role on a DC in order to be able to create VMs there, add disks, and etc.
So, now you would also need to have a CreateInstance permission.
And, in addition, you also need the right Quota.

Why not simplifying things, saying all instance types are public, and you only need VmCreator role, and the Quota for your new resources?