[Engine-devel] Trusted Compute Pools

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 12:02:41 UTC 2013

On 01/02/2013 10:25, Wei, Gang wrote:
> Design page updated according to in process Patchset 2.
> http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/Trusted_compute_pools.

Hi Wei,

in general, looks good.

currently, user who creates the VM can choose the value for this field.
i wonder if it should be limited to web admin, and not exposed to power
users (user portal)
another way to think about this is do you want to set it at cluster
policy level, and/or if you want to give a specific permission which is
required to edit this field (then users with this permission can
override the cluster policy maybe.
all this can wait of course, and is not blocking the patch for basic
functionality to get community feedback (but may be worth documenting as
"open question / future thoughts" in the wiki.

two other thoughts/question
1. may be worth allowing to override the setting for this field in
run-once dialog.
2. currently, the dialog allows to choose "run on trusted node"
aren't the various values in TrustLevel enum relevant here for the user?

(nit: should probably s/node/Host/)

Thanks,
    Itamar