[Engine-devel] Open Attestation integration with oVirt engine proposal, how to improve engine's performance?

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Sun Feb 10 16:07:57 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Hi Dave,
As already commented in a different thread, I think moving the trust
constraint from VM level to cluster level may do you good. Current
design suggests that VMs may fail to migrate because there's no trusted
host in the current cluster. However, if you decide that all hosts in the
cluster must be trusted, than this will remove the need to check it for
each VM. You will need a quartz job running to perform the attestation
verification for every host one in a given (configurable) time. If attestation
fail you may choose to move this host into a different status until its
attestation level is handled.