[Engine-devel] Watchdog support Feature

Laszlo Hornyak lhornyak at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 07:56:42 UTC 2013

Hi Doron,

If the watchdog is set to action="reset" and you break the kernel, the VM will stay in UP state while waiting for the watchdog to reset the VM, and will still be in UP state while rebooting. So in theory engine will not be notified about a crash.
This behavior is different when the action="poweroff" because the watchdog will really put the VM in a Down state and it is engine's job to restart it if HA as soon as it receives the notification from VDSM.