[Engine-devel] Changing Gerrit -1 message

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Tue Feb 19 13:38:30 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 11:54:56AM +0200, Yaniv Kaul wrote:
> On 19/02/13 11:51, Ofer Schreiber wrote:
> >I feel that the current "-1 I would prefer that you didn't submit this" message in Gerrit is pretty rude, as usually those -1 reviews are just small fix-ups in the code itself.
>
> I think 'I would prefer that you didn't' is fine, I'm not sure why
> 'submit this' and not 'merge this'.

Gerrit uses the "submit" term for "taking a change into a branch"
elsewhere, too. Maybe because "merge" is something else in gittish.

> Y.
>

> >Any thoughts about a more suitable "-1" message?
> >I thought about "-1 Please fix your code" or something similar.

I don't care much about the text, but many people told me that "I would
prefer that you didn't submit this" sounds condensding. So a change is
in place, and I do not mind your suggestion, Ofer.

Dan.