[Engine-devel] BadPaddingException

Martin Perina mperina at redhat.com
Mon Jul 8 11:58:08 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've noticed that BadPaddingException has started to appear recently in engine-log:

1) The first occurrence is during engine startup:

   2013-07-08 13:42:32,334 ERROR [org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbbroker.generic.DBConfigUtils] (MSC service thread 1-4) Failed to decrypt value for property AttestationTruststorePass will be used encrypted value: javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Data must start with zero

2)  The second occurrence is after successfull login to webadmin app

2013-07-08 13:43:13,352 ERROR [org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbbroker.generic.DBConfigUtils] (http--0.0.0.0-8080-1) Failed to decrypt value for property LocalAdminPassword will be used encrypted value: javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Data must start with zero

Strange thing is, that I can log in as admin at internal without any problems with the password I've entered
during engine-setup-2 process.

Engine instance has been created using new development environment with no errors, engine.log attached.

Martin