[Engine-devel] JDK Failures with .gwttar

Leonardo Bianconi leonardo.bianconi at eldorado.org.br
Wed Jul 24 11:46:14 UTC 2013

No, there is no bug in the oVirt project, it's only about the way it builds. We compiled it following the workaround:
"As a workaround, you can also simply remove the .gwtar files from gwt-user.jar. I think there's also a -Dgwt.usearchives=false system property to disable loading the gwtar files."

The real problem is that the gwt jar contains some serializable files already compiled.  Seems gwt developers are looking for a solution, so we could wait a gwt solution before try to fix it.

>2. (added alon) i remember we actually have an issue with ibm jdk wrt certificates or something which is worth considering in this
>context.
We didn't know about it, I will check that.

>3. do you have more details on the openjdk performance issue on ppc to try and fix that one? can you open a bug on this and forward
>to us?
We haven't analyzed why it happens, but we know the problem is in the gwt packages, because the compilation time of the other packages are normal. We will compile the oVirt project with both JDKs and attach in the bug the output where it says the compilation time for each package, then I forward it for you.

>Thanks,
>    Itamar

Thanks,
Leonardo Bianconi/Vitor de Lima/Gustavo Pedrosa