[Engine-devel] OS info wiki

Roy Golan rgolan at redhat.com
Mon Jun 3 06:50:48 UTC 2013

On Sun 02 Jun 2013 10:15:27 PM IDT, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 06/02/2013 04:21 PM, Roy Golan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A new feature page for OS info is out: http://www.ovirt.org/OS_info
>>
>> Please review.
>>
>> Roy
>
> two questions:
> 1. windows os product key - this is known to be a "must be
> reconfigured by customer" to use, so vdc_options may be fine for it,
> and if not, a prepared template under /etc for overriding this field
> per relevant OS should come out of the box.

by design a customer can drop  an 10-product-keys.properties under
/etc/ovirt-engine/conf/osinfo.conf.d/ and have there
override the keys:
os.windows7.productKey=xxx
os.windows8.productKey=yyy
> 2. I18N - is this supported today? how does it work with the search by
> OS type? while at it - how does the search by os type works with this
> new mechanism?

I'm not sure this is supported today. Anyhow the search is by the
VmOsType member name so
its actually the unique OS name and not the resource one
  VMs: os = rhel6x84

Witn the new mechanism, on load the UI queries the backend for a map of
the osId->osUniqueNames and this
is passed to the UI searchbackend instance to populate a class which
does the auto completion.

To make the search I18N I need to build a reverse lookup table for I18N
labels -> uniqueOsName.

Another option is to still search by unique name and to draw the
tooltip of the completion with both the uniqeName and the I18N name: