[Engine-devel] Performance and scalability

Laszlo Hornyak lhornyak at redhat.com
Tue Jun 4 14:01:37 UTC 2013

Hi Liran,

Some comments to start the discussion:
- Caching: exactly how is this resultset caching going to work? Wouldnt it be more simple to just cache the mapped entities? The mapping is not a big overhead, but caching the resultset seems to be difficult.
- Batch updates: sounds cool, transactions are a major overhead on performance, so if you can make the update in a single tx and few interactions that will rock, but what if we keep the dynamic and statistic data in the memory at the first place and synchronize to DB on a background process. So that when you look for dynamic/statistics data, you do not have to hit the DB.

Thx,
Laszlo