[Engine-devel] if there is a updated debug environment how to?

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Fri Jun 7 12:26:32 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Hi Alex,

> Once you have the engine up and running as explained about, you can use
> http://www.ovirt.org/DebugFrontend to run GWT debugging. You can safely skip
> step 0
> in that document (I think that needs to be updated). And start at step 1. The
> document explains quite well what to do, but the short version is:
>
> 1. cd into the source code directory of either webadmin or user portal.
> Usually: ovirt-
> engine/frontend/webadmin/modules/(webadmin or userportal-gwtp)
> 2. mvn gwt:debug -Pgwtdev,gwt-admin,gwt-user -Dgwt.noserver=true from the
> command line. Once it is done compiling it will tell you it is listening on
> port 8000.

This will not run as jboss, right?
Or you mean it will run on the jboss of the legacy (not the new environment).
I would like a solution in which we can use the already running jboss instance that use for production in order to debug gwt.
Is that possible?
I guess some properties need to be passed, or new modules.

Thanks!