[Engine-devel] cluster emulation mode feature

Roy Golan rgolan at redhat.com
Sun Jun 9 05:56:45 UTC 2013

On 06/08/2013 10:33 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 06/06/2013 08:17 AM, Roy Golan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A new wiki has been published on Cluster Emulation mode
>> http://www.ovirt.org/Cluster_emulation_modes
>>
>> Please review.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Roy
>
> strange, I thought the EmulatedMachine config value we currently have
> was also used to validate host support, but seems we were missing that
> part.

I was also puzzled while doing git grep -i emulatedmachine

> what will happen with the current EmulatedMachine config value?

The OVF builder will use the cluster config and EmulatedMachine will be
deleted

> what happens when cluster emulation mode changes to hosts not matching
> it?

Updating cluster's emulation mode is prohibited when active hosts has
running VMs.
if VMs are not running on them they will transit to non-op on the next
refresh